1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette F - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

1-Year-Old Rushed To Emergency Room After Drinking E-Cigarette Fluid

Posted: Updated:

YORK, PA- A one-year-old in York, Pennsylvania was taken to the emergency room on Monday, after his parents say he drank fluid that's used in e-cigarettes.

The boy's parents say they called 911 immediately after talking to poison control.

Doctors apparently told that boy's parents that he was better off drinking bleach or Lysol than liquid nicotine.

Each bottle going into e-cigarette vapors has enough nicotine to equal five packs of cigarettes.

"Nicotine in a extreme form is used as a pesticide, it's not something that is child safe," said Dave Norris of Blue Door Vapor.

"The liquid comes in a bottle with a child proof cap, the batteries have a shut off so that you can shut it off, so if a child were to pick it up, a child wouldn't be able to use it," added Norris.

State police spoke with the boy's family.

They did not file charges, and are calling it accident.

But the boy's mother says after this, they plan to cut out all forms of nicotine in the house.

Powered by WorldNow

KRIV FOX 26
4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices