KRIV "HOUSTON INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL" TEXT-TO-WIN GIVEAWAY RULES
1. Who Can Enter Entrants must be legal Texas residents who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, Inc., owner of television station KRIV ("Sponsor"), Houston International Festival, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one text entry per phone number and one online entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m., local time on, April 20, 2014, and all entries must be received by 12:00 p.m., local time, on April 23, 2014.
4. There are two ways to enter: (i) Go to www.MyFOXHouston.com, click on the link to the "Houston International Festival Giveaway" on the contest page. Follow all instructions to complete the online entry, or (ii) Entry is also available through text messaging. In order to enter via text messaging, send a text message to 31403 with the keyword, "IFEST", in the body of the message. All text message entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter the giveaway using the text messaging method. Entrants entering by text will be charged standard text messaging and data rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions of their wireless calling plan. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor's determination does not comply with these rules. Text HELP for information, STOP to quit. Entrants may receive up to 2 text messages in response to their entry (including notification of whether they have won the giveaway or not). For technical questions call 1-877-571-0774; for all other customer service issues email firstname.lastname@example.org. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas; participating wireless carriers: Sprint, Nextel, Boost, Virgin Wireless, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, US Cellular, Cricket, and T-Mobile only.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KRIV's giveaway records.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Five winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about April 23, 2014 around 12:00pm.
7. Each winner will receive four tickets to the 2014 Houston International Festival on specific dates of tickets. The approximate retail value of each prize package is $48. The prize is provided by the Houston International Festival. The winners will be notified by phone or email on or about April 23, 2014.
8. The winner will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 3 business days of the date of notification or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, no prize will be awarded.
9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. The winners cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These giveaway rules are available at www.myfoxhouston.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KRIV-TV, 4261 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX, 77027, through April 23, 2014.
15. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 23, 2014, to: KRIV-TV, 4261 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX, 77027.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant's identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.