Hero rescues mother, baby from burning apartment - FOX 26 News | MyFoxHouston

Hero rescues mother, baby from burning apartment

Posted: Updated:
FAIRBURN, Ga. -

More than a dozen people are homeless after a fire destroyed their Fairburn apartments on Saturday morning.

A fire broke out at the Ashford Town and Country Apartments located 50 Clay Street in Fairburn destroying 8 of units and displaced 17 residents.

In the smoke and flames were Tyisha Anthony and her one-year-old baby, Sage. They were trapped on the second floor. She smashed out a window screen and called for help. That's when a passerby heard her cries and jumped into action.

Click on video above for full report from FOX 5's Nicole Estaphan

Powered by WorldNow

KRIV FOX 26
4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices