Smoker is doused, then arrested - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

Smoker is doused, then arrested

Posted: Updated:
Gary Duane Valor Gary Duane Valor

KINGMAN, Ariz. (AP) - A 36-year-old Kingman man is in trouble with the law after he allegedly insisted on entering a home with a lit cigarette though a person inside the home was using oxygen.

The Mohave County Sheriff's Office says Gary Duane Valor called law enforcement on Christmas morning to report that a person in the home threw water on him and his cigarette.

The Kingman Daily Miner reports that deputies responding to Valor's call ended up arresting him on suspicion of felony resisting arrest and of misdemeanor counts of assault and disorderly conduct.

It's not immediately known whether he has a lawyer.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Didn't find what
you were looking for?

  • LocalMore>>

  • Is clean water a Human right

    Is clean water a Human right

  • Toddler dies in an illegal daycare

    Toddler dies in an illegal daycare

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:16 PM EDT2014-08-02 00:16:06 GMT
    Something horrible happened inside the Oaks of Greenview apartment 934.But what? One neighbor who wished to remain anonymous told FOX 26 that she saw something but she wasn't sure just what."I saw the guy sitting on the stairs with the baby and the lady was in the parking lot calling for help.",said the neighbor. She thought maybe the baby was sleeping until an ambulance, police and the mother showed up."She was screaming left me see my baby, let me see my baby. She was on the ground and just...
    Something horrible happened inside the Oaks of Greenview apartment 934.But what? One neighbor who wished to remain anonymous told FOX 26 that she saw something but she wasn't sure just what."I saw the guy sitting on the stairs with the baby and the lady was in the parking lot calling for help.",said the neighbor. She thought maybe the baby was sleeping until an ambulance, police and the mother showed up."She was screaming left me see my baby, let me see my baby. She was on the ground and just...
  • Natural gas leak leads to high rise evacuations

    Natural gas leak leads to high rise evacuations

    Friday, August 1 2014 8:09 PM EDT2014-08-02 00:09:23 GMT
    The all clear has been given by Centerpoint Energy and the Houston Fire Department for residents living at the Houston House Apartments .HFD confirms a natural gas leak happened when construction workers were digging at the 1700 block of Fannin. Within a matter of minutes a very strong odor of gas was present for several blocks. People living in the high rise apartment building were told to get out, because the situation could be potentially dangerous.A Hazmat team was called out as well to a...
    The all clear has been given by Centerpoint Energy and the Houston Fire Department for residents living at the Houston House Apartments .HFD confirms a natural gas leak happened when construction workers were digging at the 1700 block of Fannin. Within a matter of minutes a very strong odor of gas was present for several blocks. People living in the high rise apartment building were told to get out, because the situation could be potentially dangerous.A Hazmat team was called out as well to a...
Powered by WorldNow

KRIV FOX 26
4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices