If you are not careful, careless use of credit during the holiday season can ruin your credit score and cost you in the long run.
Debt defense attorney John Mastriani, Certified Public Accountant Bob Martin and Lance Roberts from STA Wealth Advisors visited FOX 26 Morning News Extra and shared some ways to avoid lingering holiday credit debt.
Some suggestions to protect your credit score include the following:
• Avoid piling on debt
• Use layaway payment programs
• Remember to pay bills on time
• Avoid credit card gimmicks
• Always make at least the minimum credit card bill payments
• Avoid opening too many new credit card accounts
• Avoid reaching the maximum balance on credit cards
• Be sure to track your spending
• Avoid letting others use your credit card
• Don't save your credit card information on too many websites
• Take advantage of credit card rewards