A man who died following a motorcycle accident on Saturday in Austin has been identified as a soldier who was stationed at Fort Hood.
Spc. Yosbel Perez, 26, who began his service with the U.S. Army in October 2006, was a motor transport operator.
Perez, whose hometown was Miami, Fla., arrived at Fort Hood in October 2012 and was most recently assigned to the 115th Brigade Support Battalion, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division. He was deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from July 2007 until September 2008 and Operation Enduring Freedom from April 2011 until April 2012.
Throughout his military career, Perez has earned the following awards and decorations:
- three Army Commendation Medals
- Army Achievement Medal
- two Army Good Conduct Medals
- National Defense Service Medal
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two campaign stars
- Iraqi Campaign Medal with two campaign stars
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Army Service Ribbon
- Overseas Service Ribbon
- NATO Medal
- Combat Action Badge
- Driver and Mechanic Badge