More than two months after since the resignation of Fred Washington, Prairie View A&M University will introduce a new athletic director on Tuesday.
University president George C. Wright will make the announcement during a news conference scheduled to take place at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday in the Julius W. Becton Jr. Auditorium.
During a two-week period, six candidates for the athletic director position were named as finalists and each of them hosted a forum in which he or she shared his/her plan for the PVAMU athletic program.
The finalists for the position include the following candidates:
- Dr. Tamica Smith-Jones, current director of athletics at Clark Atlanta University
- Troy Mathieu, executive director of athletics at Grand Prairie Independent School District
- Henry Frazier, III, head football coach at North Carolina Central and former PVAMU head football coach
- Shelley Davis-Hill, senior associate athletic director/senior woman administrator at Howard University
- Derrick Ramsey, current director of athletics at Coppin State University
- Ashley Robinson, director of athletics at Mississippi Valley State University and former PVAMU assistant vice president of athletic compliance & academic advising