Police Detail Airport Shooter's Final 3 Days - FOX 26 News | MyFoxHouston

Police Detail Airport Shooter's Final 3 Days

Posted: Updated:

Carnell Moore's strange odessy began Tuesday in Beaumont after deciding he would tell a co-worker he was in love with her.

"He in effect kidnapped her at gunpoint and wanted him to take her to Houston Texas," said HPD homicide Sgt. Millard Walters. "She somehow talked him out of doing any further harm to her."

The harm Moore would later succumb to involved only himself.

Police said Moore drove his truck to Houston Tuesday and checked into a hotel room alone.

He spent the next 2 days posting cryptic messages on his facebook page.

"He talks about the final act, something that's going to occur the next day," Walters said.

"I recently had the chance of staring death in the face and she was beautiful," Moore writes on his facebook page 24 hours before the gunfire.

At 12:02 Thursday afternoon Moore pulls his truck up to the passenger area at Bush Airport's Terminal B.

15 minutes later police say Moore enters the baggage area and goes upstairs.

"At no point does he breach the security area of the airport," said HPD homicide Sgt. Brian Harris.

At 1:30 police say Moore sits in a chair near the Starbucks, pulls out a gun and fires 2 shots in the air.

"The weapon that he shoots is a glock 40 caliber model 23 semi-automatic pistol,"Harris said.

He's confronted by a Homeland Security agent.

Both men open fire.

But at this point cops believe Moore fired the fatal shot.

"He did have a black suitcase with him," Harris said. "In his suitcase there was an A-R 15 it was loaded but had not been fired."

Also in the suitcase, several rounds of ammunition, the hotel room Bible and a suicide note.

"Here in the last hour I yield to mercy," Harris read from the note. "When this could have turned bad Jehovah found a path to my heart, that love would conquer anger. The monster within me was getting stronger and while I could not save myself I could spare others."

While the investigation is far from over police say they know what this was and what it wasn't.

It wasn't any type of terrorist act.

"What it was," Walters said. "Was a desperate act committed by a confused young man who has apparently lost all hope."

Powered by WorldNow

4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices