Cuomo not briefed about Tsarnaevs' alleged NYC plan - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

Boston Marathon terrorist attack

Cuomo not briefed about Tsarnaevs' alleged NYC plan

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

The news that Boston bombing suspects Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev had allegedly spontaneously decided to come to Times Square and detonate their remaining bombs apparently caught Gov. Andrew Cuomo off guard when reporters asked him about it Thursday.

"Let me see what the mayor and commissioner have to say about it and then I will comment," he said.

Mayor Mike Bloomberg and Commissioner Ray Kelly said they learned about the bombing suspects' plans from the FBI Wednesday night. They called a news conference shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday, but the governor was not notified about the latest developments in the investigation.

When asked if he had spoken to the mayor of the commissioner, Cuomo said he hadn't.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

KRIV FOX 26
4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices