A change in the weather calls for a change in the cuisine at many restaurants.
Moderne Barn in Armonk, New York serves up day boat scallops with mushrooms, baby artichokes, spinach and Madeira cream sauce.
Chef Ethan Kostbar got things cooking in the Good Day Cafe on Wednesday.
For More information go to: www.modernebarn.com
DAY BOAT SCALLOPS RECIPE
6 scallops u-10
1 bag spinach, cleaned
1 can baby artichokes
3 oz morel mushrooms, dried
1 garlic clove
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
Salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste
1. In a sauté pan, sear scallops over medium heat until cooked.
2. Remove scallops then add baby artichokes, morel mushrooms, and spinach.
3. Season vegetables with salt and white pepper.
4. Place on plate, put scallops on top of vegetables and Madeira Cream Sauce (recipe below)
MADEIRA CREAM SAUCE
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup Madeira
1 bay leaf
1 shallot, peeled, sliced
5 black peppercorns, whole
1. In a small pot over medium heat, sweat shallots until they are translucent.
2. Add Madeira to the pot, and reduce by half, stirring constantly.
3. Add heavy cream, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and simmer over low heat until the liquid is reduced by two thirds.
4. Strain liquid through a strainer and season with salt.