Tre Monti Ristorante, the upscale Italian restaurant, located in Troy, opened in 2008.
Tucked away behind the San Marino Club of Troy, Tre Monti achieves a comfortable elegance, granting patrons a lavish fine dining experience. Priding itself on providing diners the highest quality food, Tre Monti uses natural ingredients from Italy and other parts of the world, including extra virgin olive oils, imported cheeses and salts, and unique spices.
Hour Detroit magazine's Restaurant of the Year issue is currently available on newsstands, or online. Click here to check it out.
Here is the recipe features on FOX 2 News Morning.
Spaghettoro ai Frutti Di Mare
Ingredients For Two Guests:
· Head On One Large Gamberoni - 6oz (wild caught jumbo Prawn) cut in half
· Two Large Diver Sea Scallops
· Six Manila Clams
· Calamari 6oz
· Spaghetti 8oz (Verrigni Brand Recommended ) can be purchased at Tre Monti
· Natural Water 2L (Smeraldina Brand Recommended)
· Extra virgin olive oil 4oz (MANNI Brand Recommended) can be purchased at Tre Monti Only
· In a wide thick sauté pan or pot, in a low heat temperature add, 3oz of extra virgin olive oil, 2oz of unsalted butter, Gamberoni, Diver Sea Scallops, Manila Clams, Calamari. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
· Add White wine, simmer for 1 minute
· Add Peeled cherry tomatoes, let it simmer for 1 minute
· Add fish consommé
· Add Spanish Saffron
· Add salt and pepper
· Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for about 5-6 minutes
· In another pot, add two liters of natural water. When the water starts boiling
§ Add Extra virgin olive oil, salt, and Spaghetti
· Cook the pasta for about 8 minutes.
· After the pasta is done, drain the pasta very well
· In another pan add the reduction of the seafood broth and the finished pasta, sauté for 30 seconds
· Serve it in a bowl
· Place seafood and the remaining of the broth over pasta