Firefighters are staying busy, scrambling all over the city to put out cold weather-related fires.
Around 9:30 p.m. Thursday, the Walmart on 290 and Tidwell had to be evacuated. One of the heaters in front of the store overheated and caught fire.
About three hours later, crews put out a fire at a northwest Houston apartment complex. An elderly woman's space heater malfunctioned. They helped her escape safely.
And in Southwest Houston, a space heater inside a mobile home caught fire early Friday morning. HFD put out the fire. No one was hurt.