1. Why do I want a pet?
2. What do I know about the pet I want?
3. How much time can I devote?
4. What living arrangements can I offer my pet?
5. Am I prepared to bring a pet home?
6. Does a pet fit my budget?
7. Who will care for my pet in my absence?
8. Does everyone on my household want a pet?
9. Can I provide the commitment of a pet?
10. Will my other pets get along with a new pet?
It is the most wonderful time of the year. We know all of our adorable, adoptable cats and dogs at the Houston SPCA want the gift of a life-long, loving home for the holidays. To make that happen, from Friday, Dec. 7 until Tuesday, Dec. 18, you can adopt a cat or dog at the Houston SPCA for only $12 (*some restrictions apply.)
The Houston SPCA adoption package, valued at more than $400, is stuffed with all the bells and whistles and includes the following:
- A health evaluation, age-appropriate and rabies vaccinations for felines / canines three months and older
- Spay / neuter surgery
- Heartworm testing for canines six months and older
- Microchipping with free lifetime registration
- A complimentary overall wellness examination provided by a VCA Animal Hospital
- An adoption gift courtesy of Hill's Science Diet