Itis fun to bring dogs to events that encourage their presence, but their safetyshould always be a concern. The Houston Humane Society has severalsuggestions when taking dogs out of their comfort zone into a public event withplenty of people.
- Keep dogs on a leash that is not retractable.
- Keep an eye on the dogs at all times.
- Be aware of what is going on since other dogs may be causing trouble.
- Remember dogs need access to water.
- Take the dogs away from the crowd for small breaks.
Toget into the spirit of bringing dogs to public events, the Houston Aeros willwelcome dogs to the team's Sunday, Dec. 8 game as part of its Chilly'sPet Pals event. Anyone who wants to bring a dog to the Aeros game mustcontact Tamara Curl-Green or their season ticket representative at 713-361-7924or send her an e-mail email@example.com. People tickets are $13, and dogtickets are just $10, with a portion of each ticket sold being donated toHouston Humane Society.