Looking for a way to organize the madness of Black Friday?
Yes, there is an app for that and you have more than one to choose from when it comes to keeping you up to date on the latest specials on Black Friday.
If you are one of the millions of shoppers who hits the stores armed with your smart phone in hand to price compare, retailers have come up term for that, it is called "showrooming".
According to an International Data Corp survey, showrooming may influence up to $1.7 billion of holiday retail sales.
The survey found shoppers are most likely to showroom big-ticket items, followed by apparel and footwear.
If you plan to do a little "showrooming" this holiday weekend, here are a few apps to arm with information:
- Nextag Shopping: Nextag is a deal comparison-shopping site that does a lot of the legwork for shoppers doing research or buying online. Users can scan barcodes, take a picture or type in a product name to find its price on other places on the web.
- TGI Black Friday: Powered by TGIblackfriday and DealCatcher, this app lets users search for products and notifies shoppers when new ads are posted and lets users save their favorite deals for later.
- Black Friday App: This is a program from DealNews that has catalogued the Black Friday ads from just about every major retailer from Ace Hardware to Wal-Mart. Users can search and save ads
- Black Friday by Brads Deals: Bradsdeals.com also has a Black Friday app that lets users compare prices and look at copies of the flyers of retailers have sent out to show off Black Friday deals.
- SnapTell: For dedicated showroomers, SnapTell is one fo the fastest ways to see if a product in stores can be found at a lower price online.
- SnipSnap: Users can take pictures of coupons they want to use to cut down on the paper clutter. Shoppers can also search coupons other people have snapped to add to their own digital wallet.
- Shop Savvy: Though there are many bar code scanners in the App Store, Shop Savvy offers fast scanning and unique added features to make it a handy shopping companion on Black Friday. Shop Savvy lets you use your iPhone camera to "scan" a bar code, then view the item and prices from various locations, and you can scan QR codes at the touch of a button. The interface is set up to be as simple as possible, but it offers nice touches such as the ability to initiate a scan by swiping upward on the product display screen.
- Discount and tax calculator: This app allows users to calculate an item's total cost ahead of time and compare sales.
- Find My Car: Simply store your vehicle's location using this app and it will provide directions back to the parking spot.