The stove that sparked a fire at a home day care where four children died may have been faulty according to Jessica Tata's defense.
Tuesday, the defense's surprise witness in Tata's trial took the stand.
Prosecutors say Tata left oil cooking on the stove and went shopping when the fire started.
But a forensic engineer testified other stoves of the same brand have had problems catching fire or jumping from low to high heat.
Last week, an expert for the state said he found no problems with Tata's stove.
Testimony ended early to give prosecutors time to recall their expert.