Fox26Law: Lazy Justice of the Peace? - FOX 26 News | MyFoxHouston

Fox26Law: Lazy Justice of the Peace?


It's time for some Fox26Law. Our legal analyst, Chris Tritico, is here to answer your questions. Watch Chris every Tuesday and Thursday morning on FOX 26 Morning News in the 7 a.m. hour.

FROM LEE: Is there any "BAR" type organization for Justices of the Peace? I am super UNHAPPY with the obviously partisan decision of what appears to be a lazy justice of the peace. His court never did anything to satisfy the TOKEN judgment he awarded me. Thank you!

CHRIS TRITICO'S ANSWER: The Judicial Conduct Commission is where one files complaints against a judge, however, the judge is not responsible for collecting a judgment. Once you receive a judgment it is your responsibility to make efforts to collect that judgment. You need to get an abstract of Judgment. Upon receipt of the abstract you can then get a Writ of Sequestration to have the sheriff or constable pick up non exempt assets if there are any.

>> You can ask your questions and learn more about Fox26Law by clicking here

Disclaimer: Fox26Law is intended for general information purposes only and is not and not to be considered legal advice. Fox26Law is not intended to interfere with or replace an existing attorney client relationship. You are encouraged to seek the assistance of the lawyer of your choice for private consultation on specific legal issues.

Powered by WorldNow

4261 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77027

Phone: (713) 479-2801
Fax: (713) 479-2859

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices