- 1 lb seedless green grapes, cut into small clusters
- 1/2 fresh pineapple; peel, core, & cut into spears
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tart apples
- 3 comice pears
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (chevre), at room temperature (crumbled feta cheese may be substituted
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint, plus additional sprigs for garnish
On a decorative serving platter, arrange the grapes & pineapple. Just before serving, peel the bananas & cut on the diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Core the apples & pears and cut lengthwise into crescents. Toss the bananas, apples, and pears with the lemon juice and then arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with the cranberries. Sprinkle the cheese around the edge of the fruit.
In a small bowl, mix the honey & ginger. Drizzle over the fruit & cheese. Sprinkle with the chopped mint. Insert sprigs of mint as garnish. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 173, Total Fat 3g (22% Kcal), Sat. Fat 2g (8% Kcal), Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 26, Total Carb. 38g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 2% DV, Vitamin C 20% DV, Calcium 7% DV, Iron 6% DV.
Courtesy of www.5aday.com